spiffy adj : marked by smartness in dress and manners; "a dapper young man"; "a jaunty red hat" [syn: dapper, dashing, jaunty, natty, raffish, rakish, smart, snappy, spruce] [also: spiffiest, spiffier]
- Rhymes: -ɪfi
fine or neat, especially in style of clothing or other appearance.
- 1906, “Newport News in London,” The New York Times, 26 Aug, p.
- The charming twins came last week, and you should see their clothes. ‘Spiffy’ is the word.
- 1906, “Newport News in London,” The New York Times, 26 Aug, p. 9,
- In the context of "computing": Of or pertaining to computer
programs having an
appealing, clever, or technically
- Have you seen the spiffy new version of Empire yet?
- Random House Webster's Unabridged Electronic Dictionary, 1987-1996.
OK, ace-high, bad, bandbox, bang-up, bonzer, boss, braw, bully, but good, chic, classy, clothes-conscious, cool, corking, cosmopolitan, crackerjack, dandy, dapper, dashing, delicious, doggy, dressed to advantage, dressed to kill, ducky, elegant, exquisite, fab, fine and dandy, gear, genteel, great, groovy, heavy, hot, hunky-dory, jam-up, jaunty, just dandy, keen, marvy, mean, natty, neat, nifty, nobby, okay, out of sight, peachy, peachy-keen, posh, recherche, ripping, ritzy, rum, sassy, scrumptious, sharp, slap-up, sleek, smart, smashing, smug, snazzy, soigne, soignee, solid, something else, sophisticated, spiffing, spruce, stunning, style-conscious, swank, swanky, swell, tough, tricksy, trig, trim, well-dressed, well-groomed, wizard